Good afternoon parents and guardians,
I have been informed that quite a number of parents are unaware that we have a College calendar on our website. It is regularly updated with new events happening throughout the Primary and Secondary. Follow this link to our College calendar and bookmark it so it is always easy to reach in the future: http://tmc.qld.edu.au/college-calendar/
There is also a link on the calendar page to our term dates. At the bottom of the Google Spreadsheet that opens after you click on the link, there is a tab for 2017 and 2018 dates for you to refer to. As with any planning that happens so far in advance, this timetable is subject to change, but we like to release our proposed dates as soon as we can to allow families to have as much notice as possible.
Please note that our P&F meeting for this month has been postponed until next Wednesday at 2pm in the uniform shop. I hope to see you there.
Head of Primary
Uniforms and 2018 Primary Stationery Packs
At the end of this term, uniforms will no longer be available on campus. From Term 4, we are outsourcing uniform purchases to School Locker – an company that will process your orders online and deliver the items straight to you (http://theschoollocker.com.au/). School Locker also has a shop in Loganholme that you may visit if necessary. The great advantage to School Locker is that you will be able to shop for uniforms from the comfort of your own home and use the easy measuring system to purchase the correct size. It must be noted that School Locker already successfully hosts online uniform ordering systems for dozens of other well-known schools in Queensland and New South Wales and the process is easy to understand and adds a level of convenience for families. I would like to offer our thanks to all of the parents who have volunteered and assisted in the TMC uniform shop in the past.
From the end of this year, School Locker will also be host ordering our Primary stationery packs. You will be able to shop for 2018 uniforms and stationery packs in the one, convenient place.
In Term 4 we will commence a new building project at the front of the College – Administration. Our current uniform shop will be removed, as will some of the other buildings, to make way for this exciting project that is sure to make an impressive entrance to our fabulous College when it is scheduled for use in 2019!
College Photo Day – Tuesday, August 1
Please ensure your child is ready for the College photo Day being held tomorrow. Teachers have sent home photo order envelopes for your child to use on the day. This form must be returned even if you are not purchasing photos. See your teacher if you have any questions at all regarding our uniform policy, or read it via this link http://tmc.qld.edu.au/collegeuniforms/.
Prep – Year 2 Moana Dance Performance – 2:15 pm, Monday, August 7
All College families and guests are invited to attend the Prep – Year 2 dance performance of Moana. The students and teachers have worked very hard on creating an event to remember, so please bring along family and friends to share in their final production. The Moana dance will also be performed later this year at our Prep – Year 12 awards morning, held at the Gold Coast Arts Centre on October 23.
Year 4 and 5 Camp – Monday, 7 August – Wednesday, 9 August
Year 4 and 5 students will enjoy a three-day, two-night camp at the Gold Coast Recreation Centre, Tallebudgera, from Monday, August 7, until Wednesday, August 9. Please see your child’s teacher for further details.
Book Week – Monday, 21 August – Friday, 25 August
Every year, our annual Book Week gets bigger and better! In 2017, there are five (another one added since last week!) main events for our children to get involved in, as well as classroom activities organised by the teachers:
- Mini Book Festival – Prep to Year 2 students will be treated to three presentations by three published authors who are visiting the Primary school on Wednesday during Book Week. these workshops promise to be fun and interactive and will be a great experience for our little ones.
- Book Swap – Each child is asked to bring in one or more books that they would like to pass on to someone else in a book swap. The donated books should be good to excellent quality, and, ideally, age-appropriate in content to their own level. We will compile all donated books during Book Week and host a morning when each class comes along to choose one or two books to take home. It will be a great chance for all of our students to find some new books that interest them, while also experiencing the act of giving!
- Book Fair – A large display of new books for purchase will be displayed in the Learning Enhancement Resource Centre (LERC) behind the PLC. Each class will have an opportunity to visit the book fair to create their own wish list. As parents, you can then use this wish list to purchase new books for your children. The College will raises funds from each purchase made.
- Character Dress Up Day – A fun dress up day where the theme is ‘My Favourite Book Character!’ Students (and parents!) are invited to come to school dressed as their favourite book character. There will be a small prize for the best-dressed, so get planning your ultimate character outfit!
- Author Visit – The Book Week concludes with an author visit. Angela Sunde (https://www.angelasunde.com/) will take workshops throughout the day, explaining her writing process, while inspiring our next generation of wordsmiths.
Value for the Week – Honesty
The value is discussed on assembly each Monday morning and students participate in a values lesson the following Friday. Our class now begins at 8:30 am each Friday for a lesson based around the value of the week. Please ensure that you note this in your diaries so you child is dropped off at school BEFORE 8:30 am.
Level 3 Award – Week 2
Level 3 Award – Week 3
Arrows of Tomorrow – Week 2
Arrows of Tomorrow – Week 3
Level 7 – Week 2
Level 9 – Week 2
Captains’ Award – Week3
Lunch Clubs for Term 3
Monday – Colouring Club – Year 3 Val Classroom
Tuesday – Choir – Assembly Hall
Wednesday – Computer Club – Year 2 Classroom
Wednesday – Art Club – Art Room
Friday – Running and Agility Club – Prep-Year 2 students
Friday – Board Game Club (maximum 25 students) – Year 6 classroom
Friday – Lego and Duplo Club – Year 3 Vic Classroom – Prep-Year 3 students
Community Information Board
We have a community information board on the College website. If you would like to contribute to the board, please send details through to [email protected] There are already a number of items on display and they can be found by following this link http://tmc.qld.edu.au/community-board/.
Important Dates (changes and additions are written in bold)
- July 31, Monday – ICAS English Test
- August 1, Tuesday – College Photo Day
- August 7, Monday – Prep-Year 2 Moana Dance @ 2:15 pm in the Assembly Hall. All welcome
- August 7 & 8, Monday and Tuesday – District Track and Field @ Somerset College
- August 7 – 9, Monday to Wednesday – Year 4 and Year 5 Camp @ the Gold Coast Recreation Centre
- August 9, Wednesday – P&F Meeting @ 2:00 pm in the Uniform Shop. All welcome
- August 14, Monday – Scenic Rim Show Holiday
- August 15, Tuesday – Student Free Day
- August 16, Wednesday – EKKA Show Holiday (from 2018, TMC will only take the Scenic Rim Show Holiday and no student free day)
- August 17, Thursday – Prep Open Morning 9:30 am – 11 am
- August 18, Friday – Prep Science Centre Excursion
- August 18, Friday – Year 2 – Science excursion to Park Lake Park.
- August 21 – August 25 – Book Week. Book Swap (Wednesday); Book Fair – viewing Tuesday and Wednesday, purchases on Thursday; ‘My Favourite Book Character’ Dress Up Day – Thursday; Author Visit – Friday.
- August 23, Wednesday – SRC meeting @ lunch in Mr Stevens’ office
- August 29, Tuesday – Year 3 Science Centre Excursion
- September 1, Friday – Gold Coast Show Holiday
- September 8, Friday – Year 2 and Year 3 Sleepover @ TMC
- September 13, Wednesday – SRC meeting @ lunch in Mr Stevens’ office
- September 14, Thursday – Last day of Term 3
- September 15, Friday – Student Free Day
- October 2, Monday – Queen’s Birthday Holiday
- October 3, Tuesday – First day of Term 4