Good afternoon parents and guardians,
Last week’s Primary News was quite long and detailed as it outlined the whole term, so I have decided to put together a shorter newsletter this week just to mention some of the events coming up in the near future.
I hope to see you all at the awards morning on October 23.
Head of Primary
The School Locker – Uniforms and Stationery
The School Locker, our new uniform and stationery supplier, is now ready to start taking orders for our Primary school. Follow this link to their website http://
From the start of this term, all uniform purchases are to be made through School Locker only. The room formerly used as a uniform shop on campus no longer supplies these items. All questions should be in the first instance directed to The School Locker on (07) 3440 9701. Wendy Schonfisch is the TMC uniform rep on our campus – wschonfisch
- Prep – Year 2
- Boys – TMC ‘jammers’ (swimming shorts) + TMC rashie
- Girls – TMC ‘jammers’ or swimmers + TMC rashie
- Year 3 – Year 6
- Boys – TMC ‘jammers’ + optional TMC rashie
- Girls – TMC ‘jammers’ or swimmers + optional TMC rashie
- All students will be provided with a FREE swimming cap in their house colour (supplied by TMC)
Next Monday is a designated pupil free day for schools in Queensland. This day is used to professionally develop our teachers and provide time for moderation of assessments. If you require care for your child due to work commitments, please contact Camp Australia and enroll your child as soon as possible.
Wind in the Willows – Queensland Music Festival
Our Primary students will enjoy a theatrical performance of Wind in the Willows on Friday, October 20. La Boite Theatre Company is offering a new version of the timeless classic that stars one actor performing all the roles!
Secondary Drama Excellence Performance – Friday and Saturday, 20-21 October
Tickets are available for all TMC families to the annual Secondary Drama Excellence Performance. This year, our Year 12 students are presenting The Cagebirds at the Vonda Youngman Community Centre. Tickets are available on our website via https://tmc.qld.edu.au/product/the-cage-birds/ and prices are very reasonable. Please note that the performance is rated PG as the concepts that it deals with are more suitable for older children (Year 4 and above is suggested).
Awards and Graduation Ceremony – Monday, October 23 at the Gold Coast Arts Centre
Tickets are available for all families to attend our Awards and Graduation Ceremony via https://secure.theartscentregc.com.au/WEBPAGES/EntaWebShow/ShowListVenues.aspx. Click the drop box on this page and select our event from the list. A reminder that RSVPs are needed by the venue to meet their legal requirements.
Students are permitted to travel to and from the event with their parents – please inform your child’s teacher via email ASAP if your child/ren do not require bus transport to and from the event. Buses that normally bring children up the mountain from the Oxenford side will take the students directly to the centre to avoid an unnecessary trip up and down the mountain.
Doors will open at approximately 9:15 am for a 9:50 am ceremony start. If you are arriving by car, please ensure that you leave enough time for traffic and parking.
For students travelling from the College, buses will leave at 8:45 am SHARP, and then leave the centre at 1:30 pm to return to the College.
Students are permitted to go home with their families at the conclusion of the ceremony – please see your child’s teacher to have their name crossed off our rolls before departing.
Level 3 Awards
Arrows of Tomorrow
Level 7 Awards
Level 9 Awards
Value for Next Week – Inclusion
The value is discussed on assembly each Monday morning and students participate in a values lesson the following Friday. Our values class begins at 8:30 am each Friday for a lesson based around the value of the week. Please ensure that you note this in your diaries so you child is dropped off at school BEFORE 8:30 am on Friday.
Important Dates (changes and additions are written in bold):
- October 16, Monday – Pupil Free Day
- October 20, Friday – Wind in the Willows performance
- October 23, Monday – Last day for Book Club orders
- October 23, Monday – Prep – Year 12 Awards and Graduation Ceremony, The Arts Centre, Gold Coast https://theartscentregc.com.au/
- October 25, Wednesday – October 30, Monday – Life Education Van visits TMC Primary https://www.lifeeducation.org.au/?gclid=CJGFkv-Q_tUCFY6WvQodbkkCnQ
- November 3, Friday – Primary Swimming Carnival
- November 10, Friday – Primary Music Concert
- November 10, Friday – Prep Gala Night
- November 15, Wednesday – Volunteers Thank You Luncheon (location TBA)
- November 17, Friday – Moving Up Morning – All year levels in the school ‘move up’ to the next year level for the morning. A great chance to get to know their new teacher! New Prep students for 2018 have their first morning at TMC.
- November 22, Wednesday – Year 6 Graduation Dinner, at Tamborine Gardens http://www.tamborinegardens.com.au/
- November 24, Friday – Last student day of Term 4
- December 8, Friday – Office Closes for 2017
- January 8, 2018, Monday – Office Reopens for 2018
- January 15, 2018, Monday – Teacher Preparation Week
- January 22, 2018, Monday – First day of Term 1, 2018
- January 23, 2018, Tuesday – Primary Meet the Teacher Night
Community Information Board
We have a community information board on the College website. If you would like to contribute to the board, please send details through to [email protected] There are already a number of items on display and they can be found by following this link http://tmc.qld.edu.au/community-board/. If you would like to add to our notice board, please email [email protected] with the details.