Good afternoon parents and guardians,
Congratulations to Kyle house for winning the swimming carnival trophy in 2017! Kyle house had an amazing year in sports, earning a ‘clean sweep’ of the three major carnivals. Every year starts afresh, and I am sure that the children in Walton and Nicholls are keen to see their house’s name on the Melbourne Cup next year.
With only two weeks left to go in the school year, the children are involved in a lot of activities and assessments. I wish them all the best in the coming fortnight.
Head of Primary
Primary Music Concert and Prep Gala Night
Two big events are happening this afternoon and evening. Today’s inaugural Primary Music Concert opens its doors at 1:30 pm. All Primary families are welcome to attend the concert which will begin at 1:40 pm. The second big event is our Prep Gala Night, starting at 5:00 pm. Prep families are reminded to bring a plate of dinner to share. The evening will start with a shared dinner, before moving to the assembly hall for a special presentation event!
Maureen Nicholls Learning Centre (MNLC) Opening
Yesterday, the whole College came together for the opening of the MNLC. As it stands now, in 2018 this beautiful new building will house our two Year 6 and Year 5 classes. I know the students and teachers are looking forward to learning in this new space next year.
QLD Academy of Sport Visit
On Monday next week, sportspeople from the Queensland Academy of Sport Elite Athletes, in partnership with the GC2018 Schools Program, are coming to visit our Years 3-6 students. Their presentation is aimed to inspire and motivate students to voluntarily pursue a healthy lifestyle and peak their interest as the Commonwealth Games come around next year.
Here is the YouTube link for their promotional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf3rq4bLuhI
Our presenters are:
SPORT: Boxing 57kg featherweight elite women’s division
- Australian Women’s Boxing team member
- 2016 World Championship Bronze Medallist
SPORT: Kayaking K1 1000m & K4 500m
- 2015 World Championship Silver & Bronze medalist
- 2016 Australian Surf Lifesaving Championship Gold medalist
- 2017 World Championship Bronze medalist
2018 Stationery Lists
The School Locker, our new uniform and stationery supplier, is taking 2018 stationery orders for our Primary school.
It is compulsory for Year 1 – 6 students to have all the items on the stationery list for the start of Term 1 each year. Prep students are provided with stationery equipment by TMC. If you already have some of the items on the list, these can easily be deleted online before processing your order. Orders received by November 24, 2017, are guaranteed to arrive before January 22, 2018, (start of Term 1) and will qualify for FREE DELIVERY.
Swimming Age Champions
Level 3 Awards
Arrows of Tomorrow
Level 7 Awards
Level 9 Awards
Level 10 – Bronze Arrows
Olivia Heywood (Prep) – ‘For demonstrating thoughtfulness with her friends and classwork.’
Value for Next Week – Thankfulness
The value is discussed on assembly each Monday morning and students participate in a values lesson the following Friday. Our values class begins at 8:30 am each Friday for a lesson based around the value of the week. Please ensure that you note this in your diaries so you child is dropped off at school BEFORE 8:30 am on Friday.
Important Dates (changes and additions are written in bold):
- November 13, Monday – Years 3-6 Presentation by elite athletes from QLD Academy of Sport 11:30 am
- November 15, Wednesday – Volunteers Thank You Luncheon @ Cedar Creek Winery
- November 16, Thursday – Year 4 Excursion @ Beenleigh Historical Village
- November 17, Friday – Moving Up Morning – All year levels in the school ‘move up’ to the next year level for the morning. A great chance to get to know their new teacher! New Prep students for 2018 have their first morning at TMC.
- November 20, Monday – Year 4 Open classroom 9:40 am – 11:00 am
- November 22, Wednesday – Year 6 Graduation Dinner, at Tamborine Gardens http://www.tamborinegardens.com.au/
- November 24, Friday – Last student day of Term 4
- December 8, Friday – Office Closes for 2017
- January 8, 2018, Monday – Office Reopens for 2018
- January 15, 2018, Monday – Teacher Preparation Week
- January 22, 2018, Monday – First day of Term 1, 2018
- January 23, 2018, Tuesday – Primary Meet the Teacher Night
Community Information Board
We have a community information board on the College website. If you would like to contribute to the board, please send details through to [email protected] There are already a number of items on display and they can be found by following this link http://tmc.qld.edu.au/community-board/. If you would like to add to our notice board, please email [email protected] with the details.