Good afternoon parents and guardians,
Wow! What an amazing swimming carnival today. I am so proud of all the children who took part – not one of them gave up and they cheered each other on in every race. The carnival was a huge success and the positive attitude displayed by the students, the parents who were able to be there, and our wonderful TMC staff encouraged everyone to perform their very best!
Over the weekend, I will tally up the points for the age champion medals and the overall house winner. The medals and the Melbourne Cup, our perpetual sports trophy, will be handed out at the assembly this coming Monday. I will also hand out some extra ribbons to the Prep – Year 2 students who challenged themselves in their optional 25m freestyle race.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns about any matters in the Primary school, please drop by and see me – my door is always open!
Head of Primary
TMC Primary Swimming Carnival – Friday, November 3
2018 Stationery Lists
The School Locker, our new uniform and stationery supplier, is taking 2018 stationery orders for our Primary school.
It is compulsory for Year 1 – 6 students to have all the items on the stationery list for the start of Term 1 each year. Prep students are provided with stationery equipment by TMC. If you already have some of the items on the list, these can easily be deleted online before processing your order. Orders received by November 24, 2017, are guaranteed to arrive before January 22, 2018, (start of Term 1) and will qualify for FREE DELIVERY.
Level 3 Awards
Arrows of Tomorrow
Level 7 Awards
Level 9 Awards
Level 10 – Bronze Arrows
HIA Cross Country Champion
ICAS Testing Awards
Value for Next Week – Assertiveness
The value is discussed on assembly each Monday morning and students participate in a values lesson the following Friday. Our values class begins at 8:30 am each Friday for a lesson based around the value of the week. Please ensure that you note this in your diaries so you child is dropped off at school BEFORE 8:30 am on Friday.
Important Dates (changes and additions are written in bold):
- November 9, Thursday – Maureen Nicholls Learning Center Opening Ceremony 11 am
- November 10, Friday – Primary Music Concert
- November 10, Friday – Prep Gala Night
- November 13, Monday – Years 3-6 Presentation by elite athletes from QLD Academy of Sport 11:30 am
- November 15, Wednesday – Volunteers Thank You Luncheon @ Cedar Creek Winery
- November 16, Thursday – Year 4 Excursion @ Beenleigh Historical Village
- November 17, Friday – Moving Up Morning – All year levels in the school ‘move up’ to the next year level for the morning. A great chance to get to know their new teacher! New Prep students for 2018 have their first morning at TMC.
- November 20, Monday – Year 4 Open classroom 9:40 am – 11:00 am
- November 22, Wednesday – Year 6 Graduation Dinner, at Tamborine Gardens http://www.tamborinegardens.com.au/
- November 24, Friday – Last student day of Term 4
- December 8, Friday – Office Closes for 2017
- January 8, 2018, Monday – Office Reopens for 2018
- January 15, 2018, Monday – Teacher Preparation Week
- January 22, 2018, Monday – First day of Term 1, 2018
- January 23, 2018, Tuesday – Primary Meet the Teacher Night
Community Information Board
We have a community information board on the College website. If you would like to contribute to the board, please send details through to [email protected] There are already a number of items on display and they can be found by following this link http://tmc.qld.edu.au/community-board/. If you would like to add to our notice board, please email [email protected] with the details.