Good morning parents and guardians,
It was great to receive some positive feedback from parents about the links that I shared in last week’s newsletter concerning online games. If you missed the link to the information you can find it here:
I am happy to announce that Kyle was the winning house at the TMC athletics carnival, meaning that Walton was not able to make a ‘clean sweep’ of the three carnivals this year!
Some important points about car park safety
- I sent a message out to the parent body this afternoon regarding the 2-minute pick up zone. Please find the empty spaces in the car park if you have to wait for your child. I was out in the car park this afternoon and noted that at its busiest there were always a few spare spaces dotted around the place
- Please do not call your child over to your car if you have parked – they often see mum or dad and lose all focus on everything else (i.e. cars). Hop out of your car and always model the correct behaviour by using the zebra crossing
- Always ask your child to hop in and out of the car while using the drop off zone on the footpath side. This way they are not using the driveway-side of the car
- Come later if you are worried about parking. There is a teacher on duty until 3.15 pm each day and by 3.05 pm the car park is virtually empty
- Finally, drive slowly. A school car park is no place for a lead foot
Thank you all for your understanding and support in making our car park a safe place for our children.
Head of Primary
Grandparents and Special Friends’ Day – Wednesday, August 15
All grandparents are invited to our first Grandparents and Special Friends’ Day on Wednesday, August 15. Your child may invite a ‘special friend’ (i.e. aunty, uncle, family friend) if their grandparent is unable to attend. As space may be limited, I would ask only grandparents or special friends attend this event, thank you.
Please share the timetable of events below with the guest attending:
- 9:45 am – Our visitors arrive at the stage hall
- 9:55 am – Student performances on stage. The classes have prepared some ‘classic’ songs for the grandparents to listen to
- 10:30 am – Show ends and our visitors go back to class with their grandchild
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am – Grandparents spend some time in class, looking at student work and talking to the children about ‘the good ol’ days!’
- 11:00 am – Shared morning tea with their grandparent
- 11:20 am – end
Your child is to bring in a plate of food to share with their grandparent so they can host a morning tea with them. Families with multiple children can all go to the same area for morning tea so they may sit together. Our first Grandparents and Special Friends’ Day promises to be a great morning!
Opening of the Admin Building
Parents are invited to the opening of our new administration building on Friday, September 7, at 2pm. Half of the College car park will be closed to allow for student seating at the front of the building. If you are attending, please park in the paddock next door. The Spring Fair mentioned previously will no longer go ahead due to logistical considerations at this time.
We now hold our P&F meetings on Monday mornings in the stage area, straight after the conclusion of the Primary assembly. Our next meeting will be held on Monday, August 20 at 9.45am. I hope to see you there.
Important Dates (changes and additions are written in bold):
6 & 7 August, Monday & Tuesday – District Athletics (10 -19 years old)
8 August, Wednesday – Primary Choir competition (please return permission slips)
13 August, Monday – SRRC Show Holiday
15 August, Wednesday – Grandparents & Special Friends’ Day
17 August, Friday – Year 1 Currumbin excursion
17 August, Friday – Prep Open Morning (9.30 am – 11 am)
20 August, Monday – P & F Meeting @ 9:45 am (after Primary assembly)
20 – 24 August, Monday to Friday – Book Week:
- Book fair all week
- Dress up day on Tuesday – favourite book character
20 August, Monday – Junior band eisteddfod
22 – 24 August, Wednesday to Friday – Year 5 Camp
26 August, Sunday – Opti-minds Regional Challenge- Griffith University
30 August, Thursday – College photo day
31 August, Friday – Gold Coast Show Holiday
6 September, Thursday Year 2 Parklake Excursion
7 September, Friday – Admin building opening
10 – 14 September – Electrical Safety Week
13 & 14 September, Thursday and Friday – Year 4 Camp
20 September, Thursday:
- Last day Term 3
- Year 2 & 3 Sleepover at TMC
21 September, Friday – Student Free Day
Values Lessons in 2018
The value for next week is ‘Cleanliness’. The value is discussed on assembly every Monday morning and students participate in a values lesson immediately after the assembly is finished.
TMC Learning Club @ the Hub (next to the basketball court)
- School Days – Morning 6.30 am to 8.40 am; Afternoon 2.50 pm to 6.00 pm
- Student Free Days – 6.30 am to 6.00 pm
- Morning $7.00 per session
- Afternoon $9.00 per session
- Student Free (whole day) $27.00 per day
** Child Care Benefits and/or Child Care Rebates are NOT available, but our rates have been priced at a low amount **