Term 4 Week 5.
Thank you all those parents who completed the survey for us. There were so many wonderful responses and support for the College, especially the new edition of Primary. There was a high level of satisfaction.
Some suggestions have been considered –
- We will be getting all students’ hats blocked to keep them in shape and inspecting colour fading. All this will be done over the holidays, at no expense to you. Please ensure your child’s name is in the hat.
- The Hub is an area that is open every day for secondary students who wish to study or research – this has been in place for many years, with teacher supervision.
- good communication is always valued and we will endeavour to meet your needs
- others matters regarding uniform, curriculum are duly noted and will be given consideration
Although the survey period is now finished, always feel free to come and see me – my door is always open.
I would like to thank all our wonderful parents and friends who have volunteered in all sorts of capacities this year – we are having our Volunteers’ Lunch on Friday 13th November at Bella Grecia Restaurant 12 – 3pm. Please let the office know if you are attending so we can make the appropriate booking numbers.
Some important dates this term:
- Yr 12 Final Exam Block – Thurs 12th Nov – Wed 18th Nov.
- Volunteers’Lunch – Fri 13th Nov at Bella Grecia Restaurant 12 – 3pm
- Secondary College Speech Night (including Yr 6) – Wednesday 18th Nov 6.30pm – 8.30pm (approx). Compulsory attendance by students and family and friends expected for this wonderful event.
- Yr 12 last day and Formal – Friday 20th Nov
- Yr 11 & 10 Exam Block – Monday 23rd Nov – Fri 27th Nov
- Moving Up Morning 24th Nov 9am – 11am – all students in Primary move up to their teacher for 2016 and Yr 6 will experience a morning on the secondary campus..
- Yr 6 Graduation Dinner – Thurs 26th Nov 6pm – 9pm.
- Primary Award Ceremony -Fri morning 27th Nov 9 – 11 am.
- Last day for all students – Fri 27th Nov – Secondary Form Day Out at Wet & Wild.
Parent Parking: Please ensure that you drop and pick-up your child in the TMC car park. You can use the short stay zone for this or park, or if collecting your child who has not shown yet, you can drive around again. It is fine to park outside the College on the grass verge our side but please do not park opposite the College. There is no pedestrian crossing and very limited space off the road itself, therefore deemed unsafe.
Car Park: Please keep to the speed limit of 10km as pedestrians are in this area too. Please walk safely through the car park – stay alert at all times. Often cars are reversing and may not see you so ensure that your children walk with you, rather than wander or rush ahead to your vehicle. The car park is being extended as part of the next building stage.
Bus Bay: We are planning an extension of the bus bay during the holidays – in readiness for the start of the school year 2016.
Primary Campus 2016: TMC Board has approved next stage of development for Primary being Prep and Yr 1 buildings which are positioned in front of the existing building and adds another 4 classrooms to that campus – due for completion semester 2 2016
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.