Term 1 Week 2
Yr 11 and Yr 7 go on camp next week from Monday to Wednesday. It promises to be an excellent camp for students and teachers alike.
Equestrian is headed by two girls in Yr 10 this year. Kate Green and Katherine Glover have volunteered to supply information to our keen Equestrian students to assist them to follow the events through-out the year. They will be addressing Secondary and Primary Assemblies soon.
P&F will hold its first meeting on Wednesday 10th February in the Uniform Shop at 2pm. We need to elect a new President for Secondary and Primary – hope to see you there.
Secondary College held its Swimming Carnival last Wednesday 3rd February – it was a great event and everyone enjoyed the day. Age champions will be announced on Assembly and The Melbourne Cup will be announced in the last week of the term, once Primary have held their carnival. The Melbourne Cup is an entire campus trophy whereby secondary and primary scores are calculated to determine the winning House – will it be Nicholls, Walton or Kyle this year?
Thank you to the many parents and friends who came to meet the teachers last night. It was a lovely evening catching up with all parents. Actual Teacher/Parent Interviews are conducted in first week of next term for discussions relating to the issue of Term 1 Reports. Of course you can make an appointment at any other suitable time through the office, if you wish to see your child’s teacher.
New staff for 2016 are:
- Mr Roeland Weisfelt – Business Manager
- Ms Vanessa Simpson – Office Administrator
- Ms Peita Parker-Browne – Teacher Aide Secondary
- Ms Karen Guymer – Teacher Aide Secondary
- Ms Jenny Radley – Art Secondary/Primary
- Ms Laurinne McQueen – Secondary Teacher (English,Drama)
- Mr Christopher McIlwain – Secondary Teacher (English,History)
- Mr Michael Worton – Secondary Teacher (Geography,History)
- Ms Sheridan Burley – Classroom Music Teacher – Primary
- Ms Sally Forsythe – Secondary/Primary Teacher – French
- Ms Kelly Pavey – Learning Support Teacher – Primary
Primary Campus 2016: TMC Board has approved next stage of development for Primary with new buildings positioned in front of the existing building and adds another 4 classrooms to that campus – begins March and due for completion semester 2 2016.
The car park is planned for extension during the June holidays. Please use the current carpark for drop-off and pick-up zones or park and wait for your child. There is parking on the grass area in front of the Primary and the next property along, but please do not park on the opposite side of the road.
P and F Meeting scheduled for Wed 10/2, 2-3pm in uniform shop.
Enjoy the weekend.