All students had a successful start to the school year. It was so pleasing to see all those happy smiling faces – and that was just the parents saying goodbye!
Akubras will be in towards the end of February, so students have been asked to wear the sports cap / bucket hat for sun protection.
Assembly on Wednesday involved Yr 12 receiving Senior badges and Madeline Coker was the proud recipient of the Gold Arrow badge.
P&F will hold its first meeting on Wednesday 10th February in the Uniform Shop at 2pm. We need to elect a new President for Secondary and Primary – hope to see you there.
Secondary College will have its Swimming Carnival next Wednesday 3rd February – it is compulsory and students wear sports uniform adorned with their House colour. The College swimming suit is compulsory.
Primary College students were trying out for instrumental music lessons this week – some very promising talent.
We welcome our new teachers and of course our regular ones, and will be holding an informal meeting in Term 1 to allow you the opportunity to say hello to all teachers – Thursday 4th Feb 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
New staff for 2016 are:
- Mr Roeland Weisfelt – Business Manager
- Ms Vanessa Simpson – Office Administrator
- Ms Peita Parker-Browne – Teacher Aide Secondary
- Ms Karen Guymer – Teacher Aide Secondary
- Ms Jenny Radley – Art Secondary/Primary
- Ms Laurinne McQueen – Secondary Teacher (English,Drama)
- Mr Christopher McIlwain – Secondary Teacher (English,History)
- Mr Michael Worton – Secondary Teacher (Geography,History)
- Ms Sheridan Burley – Classroom Music Teacher – Primary
- Ms Sally Forsythe – Secondary/Primary Teacher – French
- Ms Kelly Pavey – Learning Support Teacher – Primary
Primary Campus 2016: TMC Board has approved next stage of development for Primary with new buildings positioned in front of the existing building and adds another 4 classrooms to that campus – begins February and due for completion semester 2 2016.
The car park is planned for extension during the June holidays. Please use the current carpark for drop-off and pick-up zones or park and wait for your child. There is parking on the grass area in front of the Primary and the next property along, but please do not park on the opposite side of the road.
P and F Meeting scheduled for Wed 10/2, 2-3pm in uniform shop.
Enjoy the weekend.