Term 4 Week 3.
Congratulations to students who entered the ABPC Public Speaking competition – our students performed well and some went through to the finals this week – in particular well done to Charlotte Stubbs who made it through to the Grand Final!
The Deck is finished on the Primary Campus and is a welcome area for our students to enjoy a quiet time activity. The shade sails are due next week for the playground and other seated areas.
The Drama Excellence program puts on Cluedo tonight and tomorrow night – sold out! A great evening entertainment is assured.
Next Thursday is “Ice Cream” Day and Friday is “Day for Daniel”.
Survey: We have put up a survey for our parents to complete by next Friday please – it helps us to perform better to meet your needs, so we would really appreciate it if you would take the time. Name is optional, but it is important for us to know the Year Level of your child in the survey. Please know that my door is always open if you ever have any concerns or would just like a chat.
Some important dates this term:
- Yr 12 Final Exam Block – Thurs 12th Nov – Wed 18th Nov.
- Secondary College Speech Night (including Yr 6) – Wednesday 18th Nov 6.30pm – 8.30pm (approx). Compulsory attendance by students and family and friends expected for this wonderful event.
- Yr 12 last day and Formal – Friday 20th Nov
- Yr 11 & 10 Exam Block – Monday 23rd Nov – Fri 27th Nov
- Moving Up Morning 24th Nov 9am – 11am – all students in Primary move up to their teacher for 2016 and Yr 6 will experience a morning on the secondary campus..
- Yr 6 Graduation Dinner – Thurs 26th Nov 6pm – 9pm.
- Primary Award Ceremony -Fri morning 27th Nov 9 – 11 am.
- Last day for all students – Fri 27th Nov – Secondary Form Day Out at Wet & Wild.
Parent Parking: Please ensure that you drop and pick-up your child in the TMC car park. You can use the short stay zone for this or park, or if collecting your child who has not shown yet, you can drive around again. It is fine to park outside the College on the grass verge our side but please do not park opposite the College. There is no pedestrian crossing and very limited space off the road itself, therefore deemed unsafe.
Car Park: Please keep to the speed limit of 10km as pedestrians are in this area too. Please walk safely through the car park – stay alert at all times. Often cars are reversing and may not see you so ensure that your children walk with you, rather than wander or rush ahead to your vehicle. The car park is being extended as part of the next building stage.
Bus Bay: We are planning an extension of the bus bay during the holidays – in readiness for the start of the school year 2016.
Primary Campus 2016: TMC Board has approved next stage of development for Primary being Prep and Yr 1 buildings which are positioned in front of the existing building and adds another 4 classrooms to that campus – due for completion semester 2 2016
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.