OSHC Educator (Applications Closed)
About Tamborine Mountain College (TMC) Outside School Hours Care
Our Outside School Hours Care provides Before & After School Care as well as Vacation Care to the local community. Our service prides itself on the provision of a fun, stimulating and nurturing environment offering high quality care with dedicated and experienced staff.
We are looking for a casual OSHC Educator who is flexible to work up to 15 hours per week, with afternoon shifts ranging from 2.30pm- 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
We also offer Vacation Care during school holidays and these hours will vary via a roster system.
- Provide a high-quality standard of care and ensure that a happy, safe and professional environment is maintained
- Care for and interact with children from Pre-Prep to Year 6 in a range of activities
- Setting up and packing away activities, light incidental cleaning duties
- Be aware of all health and safety procedures and Centre Policy and Procedures an follow through with them
- Writing children’s observations and evaluations with reference to the outcomes for ‘My Time Our Place’ School Age Framework
- Participate as an active team member by attending team meetings and events, offering
ideas and initiatives for improvements
What you will need:
- Minimum of Certificate III in Childcare
- Current Blue Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children aged 3-12 years
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Quality Framework and its requirements as well as ‘My Time Our Place’ School Age Framework
- Ability to develop respectful relationships with children and their carers
- Effective communication skills and professional manner showing high levels of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to understand and operate within Centre Philosophy, Policy and Procedures
- Desirable but not essential – Experience and skills in developing, implementing and evaluating effective programs for school aged children.
What you will get:
- An opportunity to grow your own skills and knowledge
- An opportunity to be part of a well-established team that has a positive team focus and fosters a culture based on strengths and development
- An opportunity to make a positive impact on the children in your care
- Ability to form great connections with our community
How to Apply:
Please send your application to Mrs Nikki Ashley, ELC Director – [email protected]
Applications should include:
- Cover letter addressing the Essential criteria above
- Resume detailing previous relevant experience including the contact details of two (2) professional referees
Applications are now open until close of business on Friday, August 30 2019. Only applicants who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted – thank you.
French Teacher (Position Filled)
About Tamborine Mountain College (TMC)
TMC is a Pre-Prep – Year 12 independent college, situated on beautiful Tamborine Mountain. Only 25 minutes from the M1, the college offers our students and staff a safe and supportive learning environment.
TMC is seeking a qualified teacher of French for our Primary school. The part-time role is currently two days per week and will commence as soon as possible.
- Contract of employment until the end of Term 4, 2019
- Possibility of extension of the role into 2020
- Responsible for creating and delivering interesting and engaging French lessons for our students in Prep – Year 4
- Responsible for reporting on student achievement in Semester 2 report cards
How to Apply
Please send your application to Mr Mark Stevens, Head of Primary – [email protected]
Applications should include:
- Professional statement
- Summary of education
- Summary of experience
- References (if applicable)
- The names and contact details of at least two professional referees
Applications are now open and will close on Monday, August 26. Only applicants who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted – thank you.